15.12.09

A kiss is just a kiss by ABBY GARDNER


Apparently, when 1000 women were questioned, 92% of them could remember the first shoes they bought with their own money but less than two in three could remember the name of the first person they kissed. They also found that 96% of women still regretted throwing away a pair of shoes while only 15% felt the same breaking up with a partner.

At first, I thought, ‘No way.’ But then I realized that I’m one of those people that doesn’t have a distinct memory of my first kiss moment. I do, however, remember the sheer joy I felt in buying my first pair of designer shoes.

Back in the day, Chanel used to hold these ridiculously amazing private sample sales for editors (and luckily editorial assistants.) There were all kinds of rules and limits about how many bags, shoes, etc you could buy—but the selection was incredible. I picked up a pair of white patent Mary Janes with color blocks for a mere $85 and I still wear them often.

One of the executives who commissioned the survey said, “Women treat shoes like best friends. And it seems their footwear memories last longer than those of their past lovers.” Sure, there are exceptions when it comes to loves, but I’m tending to agree on the memory length.

What about you? Does your first shoe purchase overshadow your first kiss?

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails