|Jil Sander (left) Fendi (middle) PPQ (right)|
|Issey Miyake (left) Wunderkind (middle) Versace (right)|
Jason Wu (left) Clements Ribeiro (middle) Aquilano e Rimondi (right)
The pattern for SS.2011 is clear, stripes and more stripes. We are seeing stripes with a bit more punch than we have in previous seasons. They are more than just your classic Breton stripes, designers have showcased them in an array of different ways; nautical, bold, skinny to electric.
Being away for 6 months in Milan really forced me to re-evaluate all of the things in my closet. I had so many new amazing purchases and so little space to store it all. The night I got back three of my closest girlfriends and I had a closet cleaning party – best thing I have ever done. For the first time in about 5 years I can actually close the closet door. Imagine that!
Here is a step-by-step guide to helping you clean out your closet.
1. Start with a clean slate. Take everything out of your closet. As you are taking things out putting them into piles is key. (1) Keep – a good rule for all my keep pieces is ask the question; have I worn this in the last 6 months? (2) Repair – many pieces sit in your closet unworn because they need minor alterations or repairs, this is a great opportunity to do this & (3) Donate- I tend to bring all my old designer goods to extoggery in Toronto and the rest to a local charity.
2. Figure out your needs. Now, think about what’s necessary to make your system work better before you purchase anything. Do you need some baskets for sweaters or more shelf space? If so, look for practical storage solutions such as vertical storage (IKEA has some great storage solutions.) Tip: make sure you take measurements before your out to buy.
3. Give everything a spot. Make sure you assign spots. Put items you use most at arms length, then arrange items by type: jeans, dress pants, skirts, dresses, ect.
4. Keep things uniform. Matching hangers is a must for me. Helps in keeping everything uniform and is just very visually appealing. Making sure all of the clothing is facing in the same direction is also very important.
5. Sort accessories. Coil all belts and put them in bins along with scarves and socks/ tights.
TIP: Closet cleaning can be a really great opportunity for you to create outfits in your wardrobe. You will be amazed to discover so many things you forgot you had (I found many with tags still on … eekk.)
1. Hangers $4.49 from IKEA
2. Green storage boxes $5.99 (2 pack) from IKEA
3. Storage with compartments $20.00 from IKEA
I hope everyone had a really great weekend. My weekend was very eventful - to say the least. We ended off the weekend with a bowling event at lucky strike lanes that was for a great cause. The foundation is The Olive Branch for Children, an amazing charity that we have all recently got involved with.
Click here to learn more about the foundation.
For more information on the collection please contact Heather Shiption.
After attending some of the Toronto Fashion Week spring shows thus far I think its safe to say Fur is one of the biggest trends of fall 2010. Be it faux (personally I prefer the faux) or real fur is back in a big way. Yesterday we saw some strong hits of fur on boots, scarves and some really great shoes. Take a look below at some other examples.
1. Grey Fur Short Shearling Jacket by Acne 2. Maison Martin Margiela Racoon and goat scarf 3.Karl Donoghue Toscana leather trapper hat 4. Marc by Marc Jacobs Nico lamb shoulder bag 5. Alexander McQueen Ankle boot with sherling
Finding that perfect outfit for a job interview is no easy task (interviewing for a job in the fashion sector only adds pressure to have that perfectly balanced trendy but professional outfit.)
Do you go for the latest trends? Or do you walk in there in head to toe label? Or should you always play it safe and wear the classic suit?
My advice would be to strike a balance between all three of these extremes. You want to be able to show your personality while not overdoing it. Always remember that keeping the look simple and fuss-free is always more elegant than someone that looks like they are trying too hard. Take a look at some wardrobe examples below.
I was so happy to hear that Livegoingfast was chosen as one of Blush's favorite blogs. I think what she has done with the window is absolutely amazing ;) Check out her website here. http://www.blushshop.ca/
|Images from the Tabula Rasa fall 2010 look book|
745 Broadview Ave
Tabula Rasa is one of my absolute favorite shops in Toronto. Owner Jennifer Park has created a boutique for the fashion forward woman who loves both vintage and new (SOO me, I know.) This store has infused exceptional vintage clothing, reworked pieces and up and coming labels. Take a look at some of her looks from her Fall 2010 look book.